This FAQ is for general information about Galectin Therapeutics.
This information was last updated on January 2, 2014 and should be considered current as of that date.
- Where are Galectin Therapeutics shares traded and what is the ticker symbol?
- Galectin Therapeutics’ common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ Capital Market, under the symbol GALT.
- When did Galectin Therapeutics become publicly traded on NASDAQ?
- The common stock of Galectin Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. began trading on NASDAQ on March 23, 2012.
- What is Galectin Therapeutics' common stock CUSIP?
- Our CUSIP is 363 225 202.
- Can I purchase shares directly from Galectin Therapeutics?
- No. You may purchase Galectin Therapeutics’ common stock through a registered brokerage or stock purchase service provider of your choice.
- Where can I find Galectin Therapeutics' most recent financials?
- All financials and other reports filed with the SEC are accessible under the Financial Information tab of our website.
- When does Galectin Therapeutics report earnings? How can I listen to the webcast for the earnings report?
- We report earnings on or before the dates required by the SEC (view the SEC calendar [PDF]). To stay informed about our SEC filings and press releases, please sign up for email alerts via the Email Alert Subscription tab.
- Where can I find Galectin Therapeutics' SEC filings?
- You can access all our filings through the SEC Filings section of this website or on the SEC website.
- What is Galectin Therapeutics' policy on dividends?
- We do not pay a dividend on stock, and do not foresee doing so in the immediate future.
- What is Galectin Therapeutics' fiscal year-end?
- Our fiscal year-end is December 31.
- Who are Galectin Therapeutics' independent Auditors?
- Our auditors are Cherry Bekaert LLP.
- What firm serves as Galectin Therapeutics' Legal Counsel?
- Dentons LLP serves as Galectin Therapeutics’ legal counsel.
- Where can I find a list of Galectin Therapeutics' Board of Directors?
- Please see this page for our Board of Directors.
- Who is Galectin Therapeutics' transfer agent?
- Continental Stock Transfer and Trust. They can be reached at 1-800-509-5586.
- What is a transfer agent?
- The transfer agent is responsible for maintaining all records of registered stockholders (including change of address, telephone number and name), canceling or issuing stock certificates and resolving problems related to lost, destroyed or stolen certificates. If your shares are held in street name (i.e. by your broker), you must contact your broker for these services.
- I've lost my stock certificates. How can I replace them?
- If you have lost a stock certificate, you should contact our transfer agent, Continental Stock Transfer and Trust, immediately so that they may place a "stop" on the form of certificate. Once the "stop" is placed, you may need to complete a "lost instrument bond" form. You can contact the transfer agent at 1-800-509-5586. Please note that surety bonds are typically required by transfer agents to replace lost, stolen, or damaged stock certificates.
- What should I do if my address has changed?
- If your shares are held in your name, you may contact Continental Stock Transfer and Trust, Galectin Therapeutics’ Transfer Agent, at 1-800-509-5586. If your shares are held in street name (by your broker), contact your broker to update your address.
- Where is Galectin Therapeutics headquartered?
- Galectin Therapeutics is headquartered in Norcross, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta.
- How can I stay informed about Galectin Therapeutics?
- You can sign up for email alerts on our website's home page and follow us on Twitter @GalectinGALT.
Safe Harbor Statement
Any statements contained in this website that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any such forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. The factors that could cause our actual future results to differ materially from our current expectations include, but are not limited to, the risks and uncertainties relating to our ability to develop, market and sell products based on our technology; the expected benefits and efficacy of our products and technology; the market acceptance for our products and technology, and the risks related to our business, research, product development, regulatory approval, marketing and distribution plans and strategies. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the SEC, including our reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, as well as our other filings with the SEC. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date that they were made. These cautionary statements should be considered with any written or oral forward-looking statements that we may issue in the future. Except as required by applicable law, including the securities laws of the United States, we do not intend to update any of the forward-looking statements to conform these statements to reflect actual results, later events or circumstances or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.